|L-R: Prof John Wilson, Ms Youlin Koh & Prof Anne|
Powell. Youlin won the Harriet Power Prize.
|Prof Wendy Brown, Mr Yiliang Zheng and Prof John Wilson.|
Yiliang won the Robert Power prize in Surgery.
Congratulations to the following medical students who have won prizes this year!
- Mr Yiliang Zheng won the Robert Power Prize in Surgery, where $2000 is awarded to a Year 5D student from CCS.
- Ms Youlin Koh won the Harriet Power Prize in Medicine where $2000 awarded to a Year 5D MBBS student from CCS
- Mr Alexander Olaussen (BMedSci 2013) won the Hatem Salem Award for Medical Research Excellence. $500 prize awarded to a Year 5D student who has completed a Bachelor of Medical Science (Honours) at Central Clinical school based on a one page application outlining the impact of his or her research (including publications, presentations, ongoing work, translation).
- Mr Michael Moso (BMedSci 2014) won the Nip Thomson Award for Medical Student Clinical and Research Excellence. $500 prize awarded to a Year 5D student who has completed a Bachelor of Medical Science (Honours) at Central Clinical School and receives the highest score for his or her general medical rotation at Alfred Health.
- Ms Sophia Marple won the Alfred Hospital Residents’ and Graduates’ Association Prize which is $400 and a medallion awarded to the final year student who, after studying at Alfred Health, obtains the highest aggregate marks in Surgery and Medicine.