We provide $10.00 to cover the cost of your parking/travel costs.
If you are available from Tuesday to Friday between 8.30-10.00 am could you please contact Nikki Kara ASAP to arrange an appointment time. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, ph 99030122
Reminder: if you have donated in the last 8 weeks, you are not currently eligible to donate.
At ACBD, the Hamilton lab group is studying the processes involved in the formation of blood clots, and are seeking participants for their research.
While blood clots normally form to prevent excessive bleeding following an injury, the same processes are involved in the formation of harmful clots that may block blood vessels, causing heart attacks or strokes. A better understanding of how clots form will not only increase our knowledge of blood clot formation in healthy individuals and individuals with cardiovascular disease, but may lead to new preventive and therapeutic drugs for heart attacks and strokes.
- Blood donors must be aged 18-60 years, and not currently taking anti-clotting or anti-inflammatory medication. These include non-prescription drugs such as Aspirin, Disprin, Ibuprofen (Nurofen).
- We accept some individuals unable to give blood at the Red Cross Blood Bank (i.e. people who have previously resided in the United Kingdom). Conditions apply.
- Participation is entirely voluntary, and participants will receive $10 per donation as reimbursement for their travel/parking costs.
- Blood will be collected at ACBD (Level 2, AMREP Building, Commercial Rd, Prahran) between 8.30 - 10.00 am. Blood volumes required can range from 50-200 ml.
- Ethics approval number: CF07/0141 - 2007000025